Table for Two

Many years ago I lived in the most beautiful little cottage on the same street as Disneyland in California. This is the home in which I raised my children and have some of my happiest memories. This home had a tiny front porch that I showered loved upon. On this porch, amidst the overflowing flora, was a small bistro set where I invited my most cherished friends to break bread with me.

It was here that I shared many long hours of conversation, dreams, heartaches and joys and it is that time in my life which inspires this section of this website.

Today, I invite you to have lunch with me on my porch and share our wisdom, love and encouragement for one another.

Don't Call to the Darkness

I absolutely believe without doubt that I was created with purpose.

I absolutely believe without doubt that the dreams placed in my heart are my treasure map to that purpose, my destiny.

I also absolutely believe without doubt that "Everything happens for a reason" is bullshit.

Not everything that happens to me is divinely intended.

The truth of the matter is I screw up and bring a lot of heartache into my own life that was never meant for me. In blessed hindsight, I can see where I have strayed from this path out of ignorance and immaturity and the pain I have brought into my own life because of that.

Choices made that were not of my highest self that bring darkness into my life are not divinely appointed. Plain and simple, they are bad choices I made out of simply not knowing any better and I take responsibility for that. The blessing in all this though, is that I can take those moments and learn from them, give them worth and make it all not be for nothing.

In this day and age of spiritual awareness we are too quick to believe anything, even bad things, that comes into our life is here with purpose. We even go so far as to accept it under this belief only prolonging agony that never needed be in the first place. Everything you've gone through wasn't god's best plan for your life. We call out to the darkness with our choices and by our thoughts and habits, but the wonderful news in this is that we can change it!

Whether we were destined to be a creature of light and truth or not, the dark will answer the call we put out to it.  Be vigilant with your thoughts and choices, don't bring on misery you don't deserve, but when you do, extract every lesson you can from it.

The path is long, it winds and twist and goes through darkness, but the path itself always bears light. If you are in the dark right now, seek the truth, is it a dark patch on the path, or have you strayed into the darkest of woods? If it is not divinely intended, then you don't have to stay in it. You can change it right this second by simply making a course correction and that is the power we all hold to create our lives every second of every day.

Stay true to that map in your heart, stay true to your dreams and to yourself and don't stray into the dark when you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Samantha 365