Table for Two

Many years ago I lived in the most beautiful little cottage on the same street as Disneyland in California. This is the home in which I raised my children and have some of my happiest memories. This home had a tiny front porch that I showered loved upon. On this porch, amidst the overflowing flora, was a small bistro set where I invited my most cherished friends to break bread with me.

It was here that I shared many long hours of conversation, dreams, heartaches and joys and it is that time in my life which inspires this section of this website.

Today, I invite you to have lunch with me on my porch and share our wisdom, love and encouragement for one another.

Control Your Thoughts

You'll hear all the time that you have no control over how you feel about something, but that's not really true. Our thoughts control our feelings and we control our thoughts.

When I struggle with life, not having enough money, being lonely, feeling overwhelmed, because I have trained myself not to give into the underlying thoughts that defeat me, I turn to gratitude.

Rather than worry or sink into a depression, I start thanking god for providing all that I need, for the man that is to come into my life and love me like no other, for the friendships I have yet to develop and the home I'll have, the books I'll write, the good work I'll be able to do in Africa and for animals. I remember the dream life and I thank god for everything that is still to come.

I do this until I feel it.

My thoughts have then controlled my feelings, and I controlled my thoughts and at its core, what I have just detailed, is the law of attraction at it's most basic.

Obviously this works in reverse as well so I would beg of you to pay attention to your thoughts and don't allow negative ones to stay. Remember though that the most power comes from replacing those thoughts, not simply chasing them from your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Samantha 365