Table for Two

Many years ago I lived in the most beautiful little cottage on the same street as Disneyland in California. This is the home in which I raised my children and have some of my happiest memories. This home had a tiny front porch that I showered loved upon. On this porch, amidst the overflowing flora, was a small bistro set where I invited my most cherished friends to break bread with me.

It was here that I shared many long hours of conversation, dreams, heartaches and joys and it is that time in my life which inspires this section of this website.

Today, I invite you to have lunch with me on my porch and share our wisdom, love and encouragement for one another.

Lightening the Load


Too many of us feel pushed to the brink of breaking these days.

We take on too much, we over schedule, we try to be like our parents, or people we see on television or at church, always competing and always berating ourselves for not being good enough.

I want you right now to stop it.

You are exceptional.

You have everything you will ever need to be already inside of you.

You don't have to be anyone but the wondrous, glorious , beautiful creature you were created to be.

I challenge you this morning to lighten the load you put on yourself, to ease the burden of 'must do', 'must have', 'must get for my children' in your life. Release it to the four winds and embrace everything uniquely you instead.

Stop struggling under a life load that isn't yours. When you embrace your true self, you will find a spiritual ease slip on you and your wings will take flight.

You were not born to struggle and shuffle along the streets broken and afraid.

You were born to fly above it all being a light to the world below.

It's time to lighten the load... take flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Samantha 365