Table for Two

Many years ago I lived in the most beautiful little cottage on the same street as Disneyland in California. This is the home in which I raised my children and have some of my happiest memories. This home had a tiny front porch that I showered loved upon. On this porch, amidst the overflowing flora, was a small bistro set where I invited my most cherished friends to break bread with me.

It was here that I shared many long hours of conversation, dreams, heartaches and joys and it is that time in my life which inspires this section of this website.

Today, I invite you to have lunch with me on my porch and share our wisdom, love and encouragement for one another.

Blessings in the Dark


I am personally walking through a dark patch. I know I am perfectly safe, but there are some legitimate life concerns at play right now and I feel fear trying to sneak in at every turn.

The fact is, we have finite amounts of energy to spend each day. I am choosing to spend mine believing that god is here, he provides, guides and protects me and I will get through this. As opposed to expending the same energy worrying and trying to see something with my eyes that can only be seen in the spiritual.

Faith grows strength and gives back energy tenfold, while fear devours what energy it's given and leaves you feeling weak and scared. Therefore faith is a better investment. ;-)

No matter how far down the path you have traveled, there will always be moments of dark and moments of light. The dark is not bad, it's a chance to exercise your faith! It is a chance to show the universe you've got this lets keep going. It's a chance to show yourself how far you've come and how much you've learned.

The single most important thing to remember when you are walking through the dark, is that it is temporary. The dark always gives way to the light so hold on, no matter how dark, stay in faith and expect the light to shine on you beautiful face again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Samantha 365