Table for Two

Many years ago I lived in the most beautiful little cottage on the same street as Disneyland in California. This is the home in which I raised my children and have some of my happiest memories. This home had a tiny front porch that I showered loved upon. On this porch, amidst the overflowing flora, was a small bistro set where I invited my most cherished friends to break bread with me.

It was here that I shared many long hours of conversation, dreams, heartaches and joys and it is that time in my life which inspires this section of this website.

Today, I invite you to have lunch with me on my porch and share our wisdom, love and encouragement for one another.

Balance


Balance is something many of us seek. As a young mother in the church, I was taught that god was in the balance. I was shown in book after book on how to be the best parent possible, I had to find balance between my work and family life. Successful people supposedly live in balance. The most spiritual have found this elusive balance as well. I've been chased down by this idea of balance for decades, but I can't say I've ever achieved it... or have I?

I've come to think that our culture sees balance as an outward expression of how we live out our lives, but in my opinion, true balance is an inward expression of how well we walk with god, or dwell in our spiritual center. The most spiritual people I know don't have this thing called "balance". Jesus had no "balance". Artists have no "balance" Rather than a balance of items in our life, what we seek is authenticity for who we are, for our natural rhythms are and what's important to us. I think this is why so few people ever attain the balance they seek because they aren't looking for it in the right place.

I think balance is whatever it feels like within yourself. We all know when we've hit that sweet spot and everything is flowing exactly right, in my opinion, that is balance. It's not leveling out our work versus family time, it's not a particular meditation or mastering a yoga position, it's simply finding your truth and living it.

Take time for yourself today.

Find balance in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Samantha 365