Table for Two

Many years ago I lived in the most beautiful little cottage on the same street as Disneyland in California. This is the home in which I raised my children and have some of my happiest memories. This home had a tiny front porch that I showered loved upon. On this porch, amidst the overflowing flora, was a small bistro set where I invited my most cherished friends to break bread with me.

It was here that I shared many long hours of conversation, dreams, heartaches and joys and it is that time in my life which inspires this section of this website.

Today, I invite you to have lunch with me on my porch and share our wisdom, love and encouragement for one another.

A Day of Change

Good morning lovlies.

Last night was a bit of a dark night of the soul for me. I spent until dawn wrestling the concepts of simply "BE"ing in these last vestiges of my life that need ironed out. I know I can't force myself to do these things, I have to be these things, but I look at my failure rate on trying this and...

However, I am not my past.

You are not your past.

Today is a new day fresh with possibilities and any second that you take hold of something and say "No, this isn't working for me, this isn't good enough for me, I'm not doing this one more second" that's a day of change!

My son said to me at some point last night, "You can't fail permanently, these are all things you want to do, they're in your soul, therefore it's in your genetic make-up to succeed.

He's right and I'm saying the same to you today.

If you have a calling in your soul, it's in your genetic make-up to succeed at it. Maybe not the first time, maybe not even the twentieth time, but that thing, whatever it is, that's yours, you take it and you wrestle with it until you find your victory in it!

In the words of Walt Disney ~  “Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it's done right. ”

Don't let anything stand between you and what's yours. Let today be a day of change, of determination, of renewed focus and of faith... faith in yourself, because everyone who matters, already believes in you.

Have a great one! Blessings ~ Samantha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Samantha 365